Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day 12

8/365
5/365
The idea of painting everyday is getting under my skin in a good way. I have been keeping up, so I will share a few, # 6 and #8. I have been painting on a dark ground which really helps create a dramatic image. I need to prime another group of boards and I was thinking of doing them in white to shake it up a bit or maybe a warm orange. I am liking the look of the dark background and the illuminated objects sitting on the table plane. I have been reading a few of my  books about painting in the style of the Old Masters. 


Thinking today. What would the work look like if I knew that no one would see it vs what would it look like if it was totally experimental?  Knowing that these pieces will be on display at our gallery in one year puts more pressure on the finished product. I want them to be well executed and thoughtful.

Stay tuned....








No comments: